Watch this sermon by Pastor Greg Mitchell
Witchcraft: The domination of another persons will.
Therefore please come at once, curse this people (God's people) for me, for they are too mighty for me. Perhaps I shall be able to defeat them and drive them out of the land, for I know that he whom you bless is blessed, and he whom you curse is cursed.”
The truth about curses:
- The devil opposes God, God's people and His work.
- Many time it is unseen opposition.
- There are people who are supernaturally fueled to try to block the work of God to keep God from ruling in people's lives or city.
- Deliberate curses can come through black magic, attempted manipulation through prayers of self-will, through words that are intended to harm, manipulation of abuse.
The power of curses:
- God's people don't often recognise the power of witchcraft.
- The enemy wants to remain hidden.
- The enemy makes you think what you are going through is normal and your expectations are changed.
- The devil makes you think the problem is you.
- The devil makes you think the problem is only other people.
- Oppression or vexation - a heaviness that weighs on the mind and the spirit. Feelings of despair or no hope.
- Sickness. Sickness of unnatural origin - doctors cannot tell what is wrong with you. It can also come in the form of a moving sickness to different parts of the body or from one person to the other in a family.
- Supernatural conflict in marriage. Times when there is a demonic element to conflicts. If you normally get on, but now there is an atmosphere of conflict and you are fighting about nothing it
- Supernatural resistance to fruitfulness. The enemy tries to deny people favour in fruitfulness. Repeated seasons of barrenness often causes people to get angry at others or even God.
- Supernatural resistance in finances. There is sometimes a demonic assault in finances so they can never get ahead.
- Unnatural problems in sleep.
- You need to recognise and see where it is coming from.
- You need to see God's view which is that you have power over the power of the enemy.
- You need to rebuke it. You need to take spiritual action against spiritual power.
- You need to judge witchcraft. Sometimes you have to pray and judge it.